Ambassadors Program of Work
Goal: To act as the public relations arm of the Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce, by being involved in community and Chamber activities.
- Promote Lincoln City and the Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce
- Participate in Chamber membership recruitment & retention efforts
- Encourage & enhance Chamber visibility and involvement
- Spread Chamber good will, promoting Chamber business members.
- Meet on a monthly basis at a designated Chamber member location
- Schedule and perform visitations to new and existing businesses.
- Welcome new businesses to the Lincoln City area with a visitation
- Welcome new Chamber members to the Chamber of Commerce
- Educate businesses on Chamber benefits
- Recognize established businesses, noting changes in location, ownership or other changes
- Educate businesses visited about community & fellow Chamber members.
- A designated Ambassador will attend the weekly forum to present visitation report, as needed.
- Submit written visitation reports, as applicable, to the Executive Director.
- Annually recommend to the Board of Directors Ambassador preference for chair.
- Assist with Chamber fundraising activities
- Submit concerns shared during visitations in written form to the Executive Director for further action
- Participate in ribbon-cutting ceremonies, dedications, open houses, parades, and/or other special events to which the Ambassadors have been invited.
- Assist the Chamber with any special events, as requested.
- At monthly meeting, discuss prospective member candidates to invite to lunch forum that month.
- Bring prospective members to lunch forum and introduce them.
- Actively recruit Chamber Ambassadors.
- Seek out mentors for new mentors.
Basic Membership Requirements
- Maintain current membership in good standing in the Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce
- Fulfill meeting attendance requirements.
- Represent the Chamber during visitations
- Participate in visitations as per rotating schedule and submit visitation report to Executive Director following visitation with list of participating Ambassadors included.
- Wear Ambassador uniform and/or badges during visitations and events when representing the Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce
- Support the goals and objectives of the Lincoln City Chamber of Commerce as approved annually by the Board of Directors, and comply with Chamber policies