Captain Cook Inn

Add to favorites

Captain Cook Inn

With Americas’ love affair for the automobile came construction of Neel’s Autel, which was built by Neel and Olga Reynolds and opened for its first guests in 1948. “Autel” was a cross between auto and hotel before the phrase “Motel” (motor/hotel) was coined sometime in the 50’s.

Because Neel’s Autel was also built directly across Highway 101 from the then swanky Dorchester House Resort Hotel and at the time Lincoln City was mostly scattered with small beach cottages, Neel’s was considered to be the premier motel on the Central Oregon Coast.

  • Person Todd and Tricia Raney
  • Address 2626 NE Highway 101
    Lincoln City, OR 97367